Weston Clevedon & Portishead Railway Home

Copyright © 2004-2019

Paul Gregory  


Share on Facebook Share via e-mail Share on Google Bookmarks
Share on Twitter

Broadstone halt Distance from Weston: 5.25 miles

One of the WC&PR’s finest ! Note the impressive station building ! This halt was one mile from the village of Kingston Seymour, and opened in Aug 1918. See detail map.


The WC&P Railway Group built a replica of this shelter shown in photo opposite in approximately its original position. It has been on permanent display at Oakham Treasures but until end of March 2020 is on display as part of a WC&PR exhibition at Weston Museum.

Broadstone halt shelter replica

Broadstone halt

1937 - Looking towards Clevedon

Photo reproduced with permission from Branch Lines to Clevedon & Portishead by Vic Mitchell and Keith Smith published by Middleton Press